Wednesday, March 25, 2009

God’s Blank Cheque Book

“I AM THAT I AM.”
Exodus 3:14

God gave Moses a blank cheque, and as life went forward for the next forty years, Moses kept filling in the blank cheque with his special need. He was ‘cashing on’ the revelation of God he got from the burning bush experience. He filled in fearlessness before Pharaoh. He filled in guidance across the Red Sea. He filled in manner for a whole population. He filled in water from the rock. He filled in divine protection through the wilderness. He filled in victory over Amalek and also filled in clear revelation at Sinai. And so Moses, for the rest of his earthly life, had little else to do than to take God’s blank cheque book signed by God’s name, I AM THAT I AM, and wrote in I AM guidance; I AM bread…etc. He presented the cheque and God honored it.

Dr.A.B. Simpson says that whenever a Christian comes to live upon God’s plan as Moses from that moment did, one can absolutely trust God for everything. And at the end of the journey declare like Joshua, “Not one thing has failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spoke concerning you” (Joshua 23:14). Let God be the “I AM” in your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment